[MAGAZINE/TRANSLATION] Nylon Korea 2010 August – Krystal

official1official2

In the past you revealed during an interview that you have always liked Nylon and you were quite worried when choosing the proposals. Do you like this kind of style?
Since this my first cover for the Nylon I like, I was confident. This is my first time wearing a nude tone lace like this. Although I like to wear a short hair wig if it's suitable, I wore it once during Halloween in the United States and I totally looked like a male.
So how was the mood for Nylon that Krystal likes?
I like how Nylon is a bit more casual-like, I liked both the covers of Mary-Kate Olsen and Kristen Stewart, Taylor Momsen's pictorial was to my  liking too. Also, the interview photos of actors and band members at the back of the Nylon magazine (Is she a radar) were cool. The photos Terry Richardsoon took also seems to match Nylon quite well sometimes.
Have you seen Terry Richardson's photos?
Yes. What was the name? Didn't he took the photos of Jake Gllenhaal's sister for Nylon? (Yes. It was Maggie Gyellenhaal.) Didn't he also took photos of our nation's stars last year?
How would it be like if the photos are taken like Terry's this time?
Firstly, I'm think it would be great. Although the manager oppa might dislike it, the fans would probably really like it (smiles).
A 17-year-old girl who appreciates Terry's photos, do you think that you are more sophisticated than other people of your same age?
Um (Yes). I started to have deep interest in fashion photos since a long time ago. I would read Nylon every month and if you go to the United States, Teen Vogue is really cheap there. I used to buy back issues and read them.
If the opportunity for you to design your own pictorial, what kind of style would you like to shoot?
Actually I have thought about it since a long time ago, haha. I would like to go to a place like a rural barn, wearing a strawhat, with pleated hair. Then have some freckles for the makeup and put on pink blush on my cheeks. For the outfits, I would like to wear Chloé's (French fashion brand) vintage cream colored one piece.
Isn't that Jessica's style? She likes simple and casual style.
That's right. Unnie prefers this kind of style. I just want to take this kind of photos when I'm in my 10s as a memoir. I can still take photos of other styles when I grow up.
Do you occasionally exchange clothes with Jessica to wear?
It's quite occasional, since our fashion sense and even the room layout are completely different, my room is simple with just a cupboard and bed while unnie's room has a lovely bed and a dressing table laid with all kinds of makeup products. Mine at best would just be a lotion left on it.
Besides the lotion there is nothing else? From what the makeup artist said, Krystal is recently interested in makeup though?
The makeup was heavier since NU ABO. The makeup artist drew the eyeliner boldly but I thought putting on mascara would look more voluminous. So I said "You should put some mascara on the underline", perhaps she thought I like heavy makeup after I said this.
In the sitcom (More Charming By The Day) this time, it seems like you have a image of a 'bully'? Although you are wearing school uniform, it was really funny that you have black nail polish, it's really how Krystal is like.
After the live broadcast I immediately went for filming and didn't have time to remove it. Rather, it didn't look like I'm that sort of a 'bully' character but just a cute liar.
If you read the news, don't they always add in some prefixes? Among popular girl group, actress, and fashionista, what would Krystal like to add in front of the name?
For now, it's fashionista. It's because I think I can tell which is good and bad for me. It's not that I want to brag but I know which are more suitable for me.
If the stylist asks you to wear clothes you don't like, you must feel irritated.
If I think that it's not suitable, I would speak up. Rather, the outfit director said 'I like that Krystal says exactly what she thinks'.
Who are the fashionistas that Krystal acknowledges? Is it still London style?
The London style has faded. Recently I find Miranda Kerr, Vanessa Hudgens, and Nicole Richie wears quite well. You know I like Kaya Scodelario right?
Of course. I also know that your phone has saved many photos of Kaya.
How did you know that? I even tried to put my hair up like Kaya and took a photo. (The one with black glitter all around her eyes?) Yes, I think it suits me well, haha. But it seems like Kaya isn't that good at wearing clothes. The style I like is Effy in Season 4 of Skins. When you write the article, make sure to emphasise it's 'Season 4'.
Recently do you go to American Apparel (American brand) often?
No. I don't even get to think about shopping because of my schedules these few months. I can only mix-and-match the clothes I have at home.
Ah, I'm curious if there are any designers that struck you recently...
There's Alexander Wang. How is he so cool?
Download: Mega (8P) | 3.8 MB
Image credits: soojung-a.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[COMPILATION] Onstyle "Jessica & Krystal" Background Music Playlist

Lifetime Jessica & Krystal - US Road Trip Places Visited

[LYRICS/TRANSLATION] Sister Who Make Waves S3 Theme Song "乘风" (Ride Winds)