[MAGAZINE/TRANSLATION] NU YOU January 2016 - Jessica



 

 Cr. soshified.com
Download: MediaFire

JESSICA JUNG Next stop, family

South Korean girl group Girls' Generation former member Jessica Jung has already started on her solo career for more than a year, she is a modern woman of absolutely having both a celebrity identity and a business mind. Titien at Bangkok, Thailand and her has discussed her fashion career and life after departure from Girls' Generation.

Hairstyle KIM A REUM, JENNY HOUSE  Makeup CHOI SION HYE, JENNY HOUSE  Shooting Assistant ALFIE PAN  Styling Assistant AARON NG

I am not someone who chases celebrities. On coincidence, from the only concert I have attended in the past five years, which was Girls' Generation World Tour concert held at Singapore. Honestly... she was one of the nine members at the time, and she did not leave a very deep impression.

This time I had a chance to see her for the second time at Bangkok in Thailand for a cover shooting, but her identity is no longer the same - ever since her solo activities, besides continuing to sing and act, she has also founded her own fashion brand. The changes within these two years was really a 180 degrees major change; but I finally have the opportunity to understand this 25-year-old woman's maturity and profession.

Her profession

To be able to achieve her current success, we certainly cannot leave out her professional attitude.
    Before leaving Singapore, the entire shooting team and I was left breathless after looking at Jessica's schedule. She actually had to fly a duration of more than 20 hours from the United States straight to Bangkok, and start the cover shooting immediately after a break of two hours. If ... this actually makes the fatigue her starts her "princess" attitude, we would absolutely have no idea what to do.
    However, when she stepped into the studio, the first thing she did was to walk towards the references we prepared for the shooting, and discussed with the team and I about the sensual and effects needed. Throughout the shooting, she immersed 200% of her energy - for every inappropriate pose made, she would cooperate with us and change them after another, even when the look in her eyes seems to be amiss, she would request for a retake until it was right, we could not sense the slightest fact that she just flew over from New York. Everyone on the set was full of praise for her professional attitude.
    Having three careers at the same time (singer, actor, designer), she was like a "superwoman".
   She said, "I love challenges challenges let me to continue busy working and always maintaining my focus. Right now when I am working, whether for a magazine shoot or going up on stage, that excitement never disappears. Also, I look forward to meeting my fans every time. Their energy is my motivation, always making me fresh, just like a kind of reward and cheering. On my fashion designs, they need a lot of time and effort, and I also need to put in training and patience."
    "Singer, actor, and designer. Which of the roles do you like the most?" I probed.
    "It's difficult to say. The three different identities all have different values on different aspects. I have passion for them all but they are actually quite similar as well. They need individuality, creativity, and always following the trend. Most importantly, each and every one of them needs me to be serious to fulfill and complete them."
    "Do you have other roles that you wish to pursue?"
    "I think in terms of recent (even those in the near future) works has already been arranged fully. In terms of my life, I hope to have my own family, especially a role as a mother that can dress up my own children."
    Another matter that makes me think she is undeniably professional also includes the fact that although everyone knows that she had some discontent when she departed from Girls' Generation, her evaluation towards the group stays to be of a high rating. She mentioned, "I learned a lot when I was in the group. The cooperation in the group was the key point to success. I had a great team by my side, they made me love all the work a lot."

View on beauty

Her unique view on fashion also made her succeed in her business.
    This time, the Italian brand Bulgari specially invited her to attend the opening of a new store in Bangkok primarily due to her influence in the fashion industry.
    "I like the classical element of Bulgari. It is a brand full of history and behind every design of their accessory is an attractive craftsmanship and story!" Jessica said.
    I asked, "Which is your favourite series in the shooting today?"
    "I like the fine Diva series. The accessories of this series matches my relaxed style, and the bracelets or rings can be mixed and matched at the same time. My other favourite is the B. Zero series. In my opinion, it is a must-have of Bulgari as it is very classic! Recently, I have also just owned it and I really like it!"
    " What do you think the importance of accessories is to the overall style?"
    :I think many people often overlook it's importance. Actually, accessories is very important to the attention of details."
    "Which accessories can you not leave without?"
    "Wrist watch, bracelet and ear rings. If I lack one of them, I will feel uncomfortable. I also like to stack many rings to wear at the same time.
    I want her to describe her own clothing style. She said, "I like to wear clothes that makes me feel comfortable. I feel that my clothing style belongs to a more classical and timeless style. Also, I don't think there will be much of an influence to my style as my age increases."
   "What do you enjoy most in fashion?" I asked.
    "Fashion brings a lot of concepts and inspirations to me. The development of the fashion industry is rapid and it makes me feel excited every moment."
    "As a fashion designer, who is your targeted audience? What is the design concept?"
    "Every brand has a so called "hero product". Every piece of "Blanc & Eclare"'s product is full of my DNA and fingerprints. Like my sunglasses series of my brand, every model is named after a city. When I go on traveling, I will always observe the characteristics and habits of each person in the city, and this is where my inspiration comes from. For example, the cat eye style was used for the Paris, while for the New York was more upfront, and the edges were more distinguished."
    "Are your designs inspired by yourself?"
    "The sunglasses and jeans series launched at the moment are those that I will always wear myself, I think this is really important because I designed them from the perspective of a consumer, and I am full of confidence for my designs. I like my designs to be classic but at the same time, has its own details and characteristics."
    "You were once placed fifth on the '100 Most Beautiful Faces 2012'..."
    "Hahaha! Every time someone brings this up, I will be embarrassed! There are so many people more beautiful than I am. Sometimes I would also ask myself "Who actually were the judges at that year?"
    "Use your own words to define the word 'beauty'."
    "This may sound old-fashioned, but I really believe that beauty comes from the inside. If you really think that you are beautiful, then you are the most beautiful!"
    "To be recognised as a beautiful woman, what do you think are the traits required?"
    "Only one - confidence."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[COMPILATION] Onstyle "Jessica & Krystal" Background Music Playlist

Lifetime Jessica & Krystal - US Road Trip Places Visited

[LYRICS/TRANSLATION] Sister Who Make Waves S3 Theme Song "乘风" (Ride Winds)