[MAGAZINE/TRANSLATION] Ceci China September 2022 - Jessica


September 2022 Cover Story - Jessica Jung
Jessica Jung
Past, Present, Future

"15 years ago, I stood on the stage for the first time, scared and nervous but now, 15 years later, still you have never left my side."

When "Sisters Who Make Waves" Season 3 ended, Jessica Jung posted a handwritten letter in English on her Weibo, she said she will forever remember this summer, forever remember this period of time.

Black turtleneck, brown color jacket, brown teddy vest, brown shorts
All by Max Mara

Sing-dance All-rounder, Team's favorite

Black silk blouse by Ami

This year Jessica Jung is quite busy. She attended quite a few variety shows, and the most attention captured was her appearance in "Sisters Who Make Waves" Season 3.

In the program, Jessica Jung pleasantly surprised everyone, and achieved second place in the end, debuting as a Chinese girl group member. Before the first stage on the program, the sisters were gathering in the backstage. Jessica Jung who was not yet proficient in Chinese was sitting uneasily on the side listening to people's conversations. By the end of episode 8 of the program, the audience and fans were surprised to see that Jessica Jung had become the team's favorite. Her personality is cute, amicable, an all-rounder and strong professionalism with a top class stage performance. Sisters who have collaborated with Jessica Jung all gave her high recognition. What's even more rejoicing is that as the program is aired, Jessica Jung's Chinese is also improving in great progress.


Red jacket, red pants, red belt, black knit gloves, black boots
All by Max Mara

When talking about her Chinese improvement during the interview, she slightly boasted that she spent a lot of time learning Chinese, and even watched dramas to learn Chinese. She also shared her own tip for learning Chinese: Write down Chinese phrases and words in a notebook wherever you go and slowly practice them at home.

After "Sisters Who Make Waves", she immediately started recording for the variety program of "Sound Like Summer Flowers". In this reality show about female music livestreamers' personal growth, not only has Jessica Jung started a "Headhunt war" with Rainie Yang and Silence Wang, but she also taught the livestreamers by example in the program, providing them her experience and guidance from a different perspective in music and performance as well as the entertainment industry. As a livestream manager, she thoughtfully guided every small move of the livestreamers, and even participated in the choreography just to present a better performance. Role model manager impresses everyone with her professionalism and warmth.


Yellow dress by Carolina Herrera

After "Riding On Waves" It's all "Smooth Sailing"

White blouse, black velvet trousers by Emperio Armani

In 2007, Jessica Jung debuted; since then it has been 15 years. In those 15 years, she sang and danced, acted in drama series, having a flourishing fashion business of her own, and even published her original novel "Shine" and "Bright". She is a singer, fashion designer, restaurant owner, writer, and also unlocked an identity as a livestream manager in the program "Sound Like Summer Flowers". She finds ease switching between her multiple roles, and also brought each area into play, being a downright "Slashie" (An individual with various side hustles). Although sometimes she playfully says "bǎi làn" (literally "put rotten", meaning to slack off), but she would actually do everything earnestly.

Black silk shirt by AMI

Jessica Jung is called "kǎ huáng" (King Jessica) by the fans, not just because of her cold and courageous  face, domineering and carefree performance style, but also a solitary and confident personality and attitude. Whether on stage or in life, Jessica Jung never gives in to the status quo, and never changes herself for others, only following her own heart. It couldn't be more fitting to describe her as beautiful and valiant.

On the night of "Sister Who Make Waves" Season 3 finals, Jessica Jung said on stage, "To me, returning to the stage requires contributing a lot of effort. But what's more difficult than hard work is to have the courage to start again", she said "Riding on waves is our past, present and future". 15 years since her debut, Jessica Jung never lacked courage or passion. After "Riding On Waves", it will be "Smooth Sailing". She then stands on different stages in life, setting off again.


Ginger sweater, leather skirt, knitted gloves
All by Max Mara

Ceci Exclusive Interview With Jessica Jung

Ceci: Recently you participated in quite a number of variety programs. Your performance in "Sisters Who Make Waves" 3 was brilliant and you have successfully been part of the group. What is your biggest gain from "Sisters Who Make Waves"?
Jessica: I think the biggest return I got from joining "Sisters Who Make Waves" was being able to interact with my fans again. I can see them from a close distance, seeing the smiles on their faces when I perform, this made me very glad. Also, joining the program allows me to learn more about the Chinese culture, and understand my friends in China more, especially my sisters in China, they are very nice to me - I made a lot of friends, so having new friendships was also a big gain for me from the program.

Ceci: After "Sisters Who Make Waves", you will be filming "Seaside Band" with some of the sisters. In regards to opening a seaside music restaurant, what do you look forward to? Did you discuss about the role distribution? What are you in charge of?
Jessica: I don't know what will happen in "Seaside Band" because this is my first time joining this kind of program. Perhaps I will be lost, perhaps I won't do well in my job, but one thing's for sure, it will be fun.

Ceci: Having unlocked your new identity as a livestream manager in "Sound Like Summer Flowers", let's talk about the challenges you have with this new identity!
Jessica: "Sound Like Summer Flowers" is a livestream program, it's quite a new thing for me. I don't have a lot of experience in this are, but I hope I can help them with my knowledge and experience in music, to give them some useful and professional advice. Everyone in the program is extremely cute and innocent, it's very easy to be happy working with them.

Ceci: On the shows, we can see that you are very professional on stage, how much time do you spend everyday on dance practice and the basics?
Jessica: I don't have an exact practice time. I will always practice until I am done - Sometimes I need to spend a longer time to practice, sometimes I can learn it quickly.

Ceci: We can see that your Chinese improved quite a lot on the shows, how much time will you spend on learning Chinese in a week? Do you think Chinese is difficult? Do you have any small tips on learning Chinese?
Jessica: Yes! I spent a lot of time learning Chinese from my Chinese teacher and practice speaking......I also started watching dramas to help me learn Chinese! Learning Chinese is not easy, but I think I am slowly improving. I don't know if this counts as a small tip, but I like to write down phrases and words on a notebook, and I go back home to slowly practice. Learning a new language is really meaningful!

Ceci: Share with us your upcoming plans! What do you want to tell your Chinese fans?
Jessica: I had an unforgettable time here, I really want to thank my fans. Of course, I cannot experience everything with them, but because of them, I am willing to stay here and look for more job opportunities.

Ceci: Which is your favorite city in China? Why? Tell us some of your favorite Chinese food!
Jessica: I spent a lot of time in Beijing and Changsha this time. The two cities each have their own uniqueness and charms. I also went to Aranya! It was very beautiful there, I want to go back and have a vacation there. As for food, with no doubts, it has to be hotpot!

Ceci: What do you think fashion is? What is your attitude towards fashion?
Jessica: I believe that in a way, fashion is a cycle, it will come back again and again. Over the past few years, trends come and go, always changing, but at the same time, no matter how the time or environment changes, the classics will never go away. I think fashion is to express yourself and your feelings in your own way. I love fashion, I like to experiment different fabrics and textiles. Fashion is very interesting to me.

Ceci: What is your own fashion style like? What kind of clothes do you like?
Jessica: I'm more like a classic and conservative girl, I like a simple and elegant look.


White shirt, black trousers by Emperio Armani

Photographer, Planner - Han Xin Lu
Producer - ZhuGuoKun (ZhuGK)
Stylist - Yin Bo Wen (Blair)
Makeup - Ran Choi
Hairstylist - Yunse Cho
Interviewer, Writer - Kang Luo
Assistant - Er Jia, Fu Jia Xin
Layout - Fan Fan

Source: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/f6jGKK4-McRiCnpHosLulA


Credits to JeKret if takeout, thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[COMPILATION] Onstyle "Jessica & Krystal" Background Music Playlist

Lifetime Jessica & Krystal - US Road Trip Places Visited

[LYRICS/TRANSLATION] Sister Who Make Waves S3 Theme Song "乘风" (Ride Winds)