[FASHION/INTERVIEW/MAGAZINE/TRANSLATION] me! 06 February 2015 Issue (Vol. 425)













Size: 14.1 MB (11 .jpeg, 1 .mp4 files)
Download: Dropbox | MediaFire

Translation: (see below)

Jessica Jung's Own Journey

    The number of girl groups in South Korea is as many as the number of stars in the galaxy, as such, to enter the immense market, one has to rely on a crowd to stand out, as well as long-legged members to stand on stage and help (standing out)! However, the popular celebrity of South Korea, Jessica (Jung Sooyeon) went into the market the opposite way, leaving the legendary group Girls' Generation last year, and had entered the market as the creative director of her own sunglasses brand, BLANC & ECLARE after her departure (from the group), as well as filming a reality show with younger sister, Krystal to earn some popularity, getting stronger as she stands! "After I am having solo activities, I can be my real self and choose the job that I like personally...... I have quite a number of work in my hands now, but I cannot reveal much, all I can tell you is that I am closely looking at scripts! For me, China is a very big market...... I have many plans and enjoying this moment!" With a stature letting you know that she is happier than before since she can make her own decisions now, there are many big plans in place! The point is, for a 25 year-old lady, there are still lots of opportunities in the future!

Jessica Jung
Carven (Price unconfirmed) Blue Taffeta Off Shoulder One Piece

Profile

Jung Sooyeon
Birthday: 18 April 1989 (Aries)  Birthplace: America  Height: 5 ft 4 in
Weight: 95 pounds Languages: Korean, English, and Japanese
Education: Graduated from Kent Foreign High School in South Korea
Biography: Year 2000, scouted by SM Entertainment Company when travelling in South Korea and became a trainee at the company.
Year 2007, debut as South Korea's pop music girl group Girls' Generation.
Year 2014, founded own brand BLANC & ECLARE, leaving Girls' Generation on the same year and started solo activities.
Main works: Songs - "Into The New World" (2007), "Naengmyun" (Cold Noodles/Ice Boy) (2009), "Sweet Delight" (2010), "Because Tears Are Overflowing" (2011), "Butterfly" (2012), "The One Like You" (2013), "Say Yes" (2014).
Musicals - "Legally Blonde" (2009, 2012). Dramas - "Unstoppable Marriage" (2008), "Oh! My Lady" (2010), "Wild Romance" (2012).
Hosts - "Happy Birthday" (2010), "Jessica & Krystal" (2014).
Instagram: Jessica.syj

Jessica Jung
Blumarine (Price unconfirmed) Gold Lace One Piece
BLANC & ECLARE ($2000) Shanghai Black Framed Sunglasses

I am very busy

On the day of the interview, Jessica just came back from her vacation in Hawaii, having herself tanned, yet smiling cheerfully, looking like the incident of her departure from the group as past. It is still a mystery whether who was right or wrong, but the past is past, her manager had clearly stated not to mention it. OK! There is no need to bring up the old news, but (we/I) want to know, from being in a group to being solo, from nine people to just one, is she used to it?
"Everything has a good and bad side to it, right now, I am as busy as an ant! Ever since I founded my own brand, like every other bosses, even though I can decide when to take leaves whenever I like at work, but my responsibility is now greater, which is more stressful compared to before!" That's right, without support now and having to bear responsibility upon herself, she has to be more cautious.
"I think I am very lucky, to be able to do what I like, no matter if it's work in the entertainment industry, or in establishing my own brand, both are equally important to me. Actually there are many artists who holds two identities, the point is how to manage time, and I am grateful I have an outstanding team to help me!
"The sunglasses brand has just started, and will be promoting a scarf series, as well as perfumes and other products in the near future......" Once she gets started talking on the fashion business, shecould not stop talking, are there any plans on sole being a boss?
"Definitely not! I like singing, and I'm closely looking at scripts now, but I can't reveal much yet." So mysterious? You mentioned hoping to cooperate with Wong Kar Wai previously, are you intending to go global?
"I hope to explore the markets in different countries, and I am glad that I grow up in the States, as being fluent in speaking English is beneficial to develop my career." Of course, her eyes do not set on just South Korea, her target is clear and globalized. Jessica also said she loves to explre different countries and surroundings.
"Like every pair of sunglasses of my own brand, I like to name them after the cities I like, like cat-eyes represent France, they are equally chic! Hongkong is like the aviator model, I watched many Hngkong movies and I think they are really stylish!" Whenever she talks, it's about business, (I/we) know that you have a deep dedication to work!

Boyfriend has to be loyal

If (I/we) don't ask, (I/we) won't know that Jessica was chosen by the American movies website TC Candler as the fifth in "2012's Most Beautiful Faces", first in position among Asian female celebrities...... And of course, beauty holds in the eye of the beholder, being known as the most beautiful in Asia, Jessica smiled cheerfully.
"Many people call me like this, but I think there are many people who are prettier than me! Actually I think beauty comes from the inside, being nice is beauty itself. [Which part do you think is the prettiest?] Maybe my forehead, haha!" At this moment, all eyes were on her forehead...... and no one could react to it in nick of time!
"Many people knows I love shoes. When I was young, I ever thought of getting married to someone who sells shoes." The thoughts during childhood of course, cannot be taken for real, people change at the age of 18 (this is a Chinese saying that means females become a lot prettier at the age of 18), her requirements today would not be the same. However, whenever Korean celebrities gets on the topic of relationships, they would always....... keep their mouths shut. Not talking about love, it should be alright to talk about the requirements of the ideal Mr. Right!
"He must be loyal! No matter when, he has to be by my side, sharing my happiness and sadness. He also has to be intelligent, humorous, and speaks well, as well as charismatic...... The most important is to know how to make me laugh!" Hm...... Wonder if this perfect person is the recently rumored businessman Mr. Kwon!

Very appreciative towards mother

    I know, I know, I am not allowed to talk about relationships, but there shouldn't be a problem talking about sisterhood! With a nickname "ice princess", Jessica has always been rumoured to be haughty and hard to be close with, and even rumoured to be isolated by the other Girls' Generation members......
      "I am more afraid to embarrass myself and has a lower sense of risks. As I am not good at refusing, I followed the majority's decision most of the time, learning to be talkative just as the others." There you go! On that day of interview, Jessica was in fact, slower to be close with, but she was quite polite to everyone! In my say, being afraid of embarrassment depends on who the other party is, earlier when she was filming a reality show with younger sister Krystal, she was so much talkative.
    "Working with my younger sister makes me really happy,  we both likes to eat, once we sit down and talk, we talk about food and discover new restaurants." In that case, did she consider the sisters to partner up and form a girl group?
    "Everything is possible to happen in the future, it's very difficult to confirm. But doing anything has to be step by step, like when I first established my own brand, I didn't think of it too much, I started sketching because I liked sunglasses, then I thought of the frames and colors, gradually forming the brand. So if there is an opportunity in the future, why not?" Exactly, no one knows what will happen in the future, just like when Jessica was first scouted on the streets of Korea, it was out of her expectation too.
    "I believe that if I am not in the entertainment industry, I would have already become a fashion designer today. I have been influenced by my mother myself; she is an elegant lady and I admire her! When I go travelling, I will also pay attention to how the people in the surroundings dress-up, I discover that Europeans wear more colorful clothes, while Asians like fit designs,(this discovery) has a great inspiration on my sunglasses designs." Excited about the topic of fashion, it's obvious how she loves it, I believe she would not even think that after she entered SM Entertainment company at the age of 12, she had become a trainee for seven years in a blink of an eye.
    "I still remember once school was over at that time, I would go to the company to practice like taking part in co-curricular activites, haha. But I believe that everything happens for a reason, because I had that experience, I have the chance to sit here and be interviewed today." Surprisingly, despite her young age, she speaks wisely!

Jessica Jung
Carven ($3, 150; $3, 650) Light Blue and Orange Striped Tweed Cropped Top, Light Blue and Orange Striped Mid-Length Short Skirt
BLANC & ECLARE ($2, 000) Paris Ivory White Sunglasses

Foreword

It is not easy for Jessica to develop in both entertainment and fashion at the same time, stepping into the year of 2015, what is her new year wish?
Without even thinking, she replied, "I hope I have more chances to meet the fans!"
Concluding the interview, Jessica thanked the team with her and thanked the fans, the only thing I can say, is that this 25 year-old young lady, knows the worldly wisdom well, and holds a bright future!

Jessica Jung
Carven ($6, 150) Pink Creased One Piece
Anya Hindimarch ($13, 800; $650; $650; $650) Almond Stitched On Orange Handle Leather Handbag, Haha Smile Leather Sticker, Mickey Mouse's Glove Sticker, "PHWOAR" Lettered Leather Sticker
BLANC & ECLARE ($2, 000) Shanghai Pink Framed Sunglasses

* Currency in Hong Kong Dollars

Cr. COLE_FOE@Weibo.com, me!
Translated by: JeKret.co.nr
Translator's Notes: To foreigners unfamiliar to the language, this article is written in Cantonese Chinese and not Mandarin Chinese.The words said by Jessica Jung may be different from how she exactly said it as the article might have been translated from English to Chinese and now being translated from Chinese back to English.
DISCLAIMER: JeKret.co.nr advise reader's discretion on the content of the interview and holds no responsibility, liability and/or copyright on the original article.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[COMPILATION] Onstyle "Jessica & Krystal" Background Music Playlist

Lifetime Jessica & Krystal - US Road Trip Places Visited

[LYRICS/TRANSLATION] Sister Who Make Waves S3 Theme Song "乘风" (Ride Winds)