[FASHION/INTERVIEW/MAGAZINE/TRANSLATION] Next+ One 25 December 2014 Issue (Vol. 227)












Size: 17.3 MB (12 .jpeg files)
Download: Dropbox | MediaFire

Translation: (below)


 [COVER]

Declaration of Independence
Jessica Jung

The End of A Generation


Simone Rocha Red Checkered Singlet Dress ($10, 699)
Philip Treacy from NET-A-PORTER.COM Black Feather Hat ($9, 510)
Butler & Wilson from On Pedder Crystal Ring (Price to be confirmed)

    Without an end, where would a new start begin?
    As a former member of Korean's girl group, if Jessica Jung (Jung Sooyeon) had not chosen to leave the team she had cooperated with for seven years and became independent since back then, she might still be named as "Girls' Generation Jessica" and not "Jessica".
    Besides, the Jessica today is no longer that cute girl with blonde hair, dancing and singing in hot pants. Following the finish of Girls' Generation('s activities), her independent generation officially begins. The "brand new" her from her makeup to lifetime goals all seemed to take a big step forward. Since her break away from her management company, she still dances and sings, and could still justifiedly continue to develop in designing works that she likes. Hence, a parting may not be a bad thing as it lets you to grow and mature because there are still many things to face alone in the future. Through the principle of "By every experience, a person increases his knowledge", Jessica must have experienced this the most deeply.


Marc Jacobs Red Shiny Chips One-Piece ($36, 900)
Piers Atkinson from NET-A-PORTER.COM Silver Hairband ($2, 640)

Lady Generation

   For people who has poor recognition to the point of thinking I am diagnosed with face blindness. In the past, I was unable to differentiate the Girls' Generation members' names and looks....... until when I met Jessica for the first time. On the day of filming, she wore a tight leather pants and her own brand of sunglasses, after breaking away from "Girls' Generation"'s moulded image, feeling a lot different from usual; besides another sense of maturity, she looks more like a designer, and a brighter image. Truth to be told, clothes can definitely change how a person looks entirely. Dear fans, it's time to get used to the girl who grew to be a lady, Jessica!

The Price To Be Popular For Interests/Dreams/Work

    Separating and rejoining is already a typical thing to see in the entertainment industry. The question is whether if both parties separate at an appropriate time and mostly, no matter if it was whether a separation on good terms, the reason is always a mystery, and also only known by the people involved, just as it is with the reason for Jessica to separate from "Girls' Generation". Only they will know themselves who is right and wrong. However, it is rare that the incident of "the one who was separated" did not become a pointless argument in the end. Not dwelling in the past, Jessica only wants to focus her mind and time all on entertainment and design works of her own brand, "I have full of passion in both designing and in my entertainment career. Honestly, the two have quite many similarities, both focusing on individuality, creativity, bringing out the trend, emphasizing on creativity, and most importantly, both (careers) need to be proceeded effectively." Scouted into SM Entertainment company just when she was 12 years old and became a trainee for 7 years, her debut as a pop music girl group had gained recognition, she has a fashion brand of her own at 25 years old. This clearly proves that interests and dreams can both be a career as long you take one step by one step to realize them, "Since young I already like fashion and like to doodle and drawing everywhere. I think my sense for fashion builds on my constant open mind to experience cultures and different styles, thereafter piling up to become my own fashion style and perspectives. I also like to travel and take notice of other people's clothes, gaining my inspiration from them, and at the same time, influencing my personal taste. Besides that, my mother is also the source of my fashion sense. To be able to set foot in the fashion industry has always been my dream so I hope that BLANC & ECLARE can help me realize my dream at a point in time, and it's also one of the reasons why I started out with my own brand."
    "Girls' Generation" contains a meaning of "the arrival of girls conquering Asia music". In the end, nine girls had spent a period of seven years and had finally conquered the fans in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, even to places like Thailand, becoming one of the most influential girl groups in Korea. Possibly in the near future, Jessica could conquer the world of "fashion" with her design talents!

   Everyone would have some unrealistic dreams in their childhood, so does Jessica, who had never thought of the chance to be in the entertainment industry, even being fledged down by a big company, and being seen as doing co-curricular activities, "When I was a child, because I like shoes a lot, so I had hoped to be married to a boot salesman at the time, hahaha. At that time I had never thought of setting foot into the entertainment industry. Things always happen this way. When you are not chasing something, it will find u instead. At that time, my family and I had only considered practicing as a trainee to be a hobby or a co-curricular activity, and priotized academic performance." Even though academic results are important, but in the end, she still cannot resist the temptation of being an artist because the path of entertainment could bring her satisfaction and hapiness that her school can never offer. "From debut to gaining recognition, the whole process had brought me utmost happiness because I can do the things I like, which is singing and bringing happiness to my fans. I know if it's not my fans who brought me gratefulness, trust, and love, I would not have a chance to reach the position today so I feel proud to have this crowds of fans who had always stood by me. But at the same time, I had also sacrificed my personal space and time due to this job. We often underestimate its importance, but only when you lose it, you realize how important it is!" Sometimes gain is to lose; the world is fair.

Regaining Freedom
Ideal Mr. Right

    As everyone knows, the Korean management company is known for its...... harshness. In the past, SM Entertainment company had also been criticized to be overly strict by their artists, so in the case of Jessica's departure from the group, it can also be considered to be a blessing in disguise, at least she would not need to live with much constraints, and be able to have more space and freedom to perform better, "Depending on how you understand "space and freedom", I am quite busy right now; at this stage I am focusing fully on my brand and in the entertainment industry, and this is my choice. Even though I am the founder, there are also good and bad times, sometimes there are thoughts to take leaves by myself. Now developing on my own, the only thing that is different with before is although I have a larger freedom, and can take leaves whenever I want, but oppositely I also hold much pressure and responsibility." Being popular in the entertainment industry and gaining some recognition in the world of designing, it can also be recognised as success, but for her, it is only the first step into the road of obstacles.

    Only at the age of 25 years old, there is still a long way to go. For her who does not like to take risks and take everything in hand step by step, there is still enough time for her to slowly pick up on things. In her say, there are still many possibilities in the future, "I do not rule out the possibility to take courses in fashion designing in the future. I think that every professional occupation requires continuous self-improvements. Just like being a professional singer requires a vocal trainer, and professional golfers need a trainer to guide you swing the golfstick; similarly, I also need some guidance to strengthen my professional knowledge. There are still many possibilities right now, and I will not exclude the chance to be able to cooperate with my younger sister; but I will take a step at a time, and slowly achieve all of them. I think to see how things go would be an interesting experience."

    No matter how powerful a woman is, the last thing that they want, is still a good man who loves herself and can entrust her lifetime to. Especially with girls like Jessica who is knowledgeable and good-looking, even at this stage where she puts all her mind into work, but talking about marriage with her ideal Mr. Right is actually awared of. "Every girl hopes to get married and build her own family, but right now the most important (things) is my job and to contiue my development in my own brand and entertainment industry. Things like planning for marriage and forming a family will be in the future." Although not on the topic of relationships, she had generously shared her ideal Mr. Right, "As for Mr. Right, I have some of requirements. The most important thing is to be loyal to me, and when you find someone who supports yourself, your troubles are largely reduced. Because you know that he would always by your side no matter when, regardless of when you are happy or lost your memory. Besides that, he must be intelligent, eloquent, modest, charismatic, and attractive. Most importantly is to know how to make me laugh." Is the Mr. Right that she described familiar?

Foreword

On Christmas, the interview's last question asked what Christmas wish does Jessica have, and the answer is quite simple, but extremely touching for the fans.
Below is the original excerpt:
"I wish that there will be more chances to meet my fans in 2015 because I love them and I will contribute more for them this year!"

* Currency in Chinese Yuan

Credits: COLE_FOE@Weibo.com
Translated and rearranged by: JeKret.co.nr 
DISCLAIMER: JeKret.co.nr advise reader's discretion on the content of the interview and holds no responsibility, liability and/or copyright on the original article.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[COMPILATION] Onstyle "Jessica & Krystal" Background Music Playlist

Lifetime Jessica & Krystal - US Road Trip Places Visited

[LYRICS/TRANSLATION] Sister Who Make Waves S3 Theme Song "乘风" (Ride Winds)